Marble Floor – Step On Elegance
Marble floor is the most preferred and the most popular kind of flooring material. This is primarily got to do with its beautiful appearance and the elegance it exudes. Whether it’s the Taj Mahal or any of the princely palaces, all of them have ample usage of marble in them, whether in the form of flooring or even for the whole structure. Marble exudes the sign of prosperity, because of the fact that it is also the most expensive flooring stone. Following are the types of marble that are available in the market these days –
Marble floor – Types
All though there are many varieties of marble that are available in the market these days, following are the two types that are most popular –
1. Black marble
2. White marble
These are the two most expensive varieties. The off-white and the gray varieties are those which are of the slightly cheaper variety. Marble comes in various forms, in different shapes and sizes. You can also buy marble tiles and slabs that are easily available in the market these days.
Marble floor advantages
All though slightly expensive than the other stones, the marble floor has a lot of advantages too. Following are some of them –
1. Easy to clean and sweep, thus the maintenance is not too difficult.
2. Durable, lasts for a number of years
3. Very elegant and aesthetically appealing to the eye.
4. One of the great advantages of marble floor is that It can be engraved and designed upon too.
Thus these are the three points that sets marble apart from all other stone types. Also marble floor does not catch too much dust, and is easy to maintain.
Marble floor maintenance tips
Following are some essential tips that you must follow if you have marble floor at home –
• Put waterproof backings like mats at every entrance
• Use cotton string mops and warm water to clean it
• Avoid use of detergents
• Periodic polishing is recommended to retain luster and color
Follow this and you will definitely have a hassle free flooring experience!