How to Vacuum – there is a process to the madness
To maintain the look, feel, and appearance of your carpet you’ll need to vacuum on a regular basis. If you are new to vacuuming, you’ll find the tips below to help you when it comes to keeping your home clean:
1. Before you start, you should always inspect the area. Pick up any objects that could cause your vacuum cleaner to clog up. The smaller objects are fine, just as long as they will pass through the vacuum.
2. You should check the vacuum bag to ensure that is isn’t full already. If it is full, you should go ahead and change it. A full bag isn’t going to suck up much dirt, as the power will be greatly reduced due to the bag taking up a great deal of storage and limiting the suction.
3. You should always vacuum forwards instead of going backwards. Going forward will get the job done quicker and you won’t wear your cord out near as fast. When going backwards, you also run the risk of running back over your cord, which is something you don’t want to do.
4. Be sure that you overlap your strokes to ensure that you get out all of the dirt and the residue. You don’t want to miss any of the carpet, which is why it is important that you overlap your strokes.
5. You should change your vacuuming direction on occasion to reduce any type of matting in your carpet. You can change direction without any problems. Doing this every time you make a sweep on the carpet or every other time you vacuum will be good.
6. On corners, use a damp cloth or a crevice tool attachment that hooks up to your vacuum cleaner. This will ensure that you get the corners and tight areas good, and they don’t stand out from the rest of the carpet.
7. You can get rid of dust particles and dirt by waving a vacuum wand under your bed. Doing so on occasion will ensure that your bedroom stays clean, and smells clean as well.
For kitty litter on carpets or floors, you should use a lightweight vacuum cleaner. To get deep into the fibers of the carpet, you should try an upright vacuum cleaner with a power brush. Kitty litter can be a pain in the neck if it gets crushed in the pile or embedded, which is why you should get it out as quick as you can.
Give some thought to purchasing a vacuum cleaner with a rotating brush or combination beater and brush bar, which will loosen up the dirt in the carpet and then suck it out. This will beat the dirt from the fibers and even embedded dirt, which will leave your carpet clean and smelling great.
Whenever you vacuum, you should always be on the lookout for straw, thread, and string as it can trap debris in the vacuum hose and result in a clog. These types of hazards are also bad for the agitators as well, as they can clog up the suction as well, or get tangled up in the agitators and cause more problems.
If you have pets, you should sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet before you vacuum. Let it sit for a little while, then vacuum. The baking soda is a lot cheaper than carpet fresheners and it does the same thing – only better.
Vacuuming is very easy to do, and it’s something that should be done on a regular basis. You don’t have to be an expert to vacuum, all you have to do is make an effort. Your carpet will look good all the time, and your house will stay smelling great – which is reason enough to grab the vacuum and take a trip through the house with it.